The world of sports (no matter what kind) is driven to WIN, WIN, WIN! And in that median, the finer points of winning and losing can get lost, especially to the younger competitors in the sports. That is why examples of not just good sportsmanship, but GREAT Sportsmanship should be recognized and rewarded. Being a gracious winner and also a gracious loser are qualities that are set and learned by example.
NAIA points to the five points that help promote outstanding Sportsmanship.
- Be cooperative – join everyone in mutual quest for excellence.
- Be fair – compete skillfully, guided by the letter and spirit of the rules.
- Be gracious – Take on the challenge of a tough competitor and meet it with the finest performance, win or lose.
- Be honorable – Respect the game and all contributions.
- Be humble – Take success in stride and share the credit.
McLaughlin Ribbon Awards is committed to being an active participant in the promotion of Outstanding Sportsmanship in all avenues of competition. For the month of January 2017, all customers who place an order of $100.00 or more will receive a FREE Sportsmanship Award Ribbon. And, we would love to further promote YOUR sportsmanship winner if you would share their picture and story of Sportsmanship. (This promotion does not apply to rush orders)
“One man PRACTICING sportsmanship is far better than one hundred teaching it.” ~ Knute Rockne